Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Beautiful World Away

Well, it took forever and a day to get here (literally, we lost the entire day of January 17th), but I'm finally settled in and free of jet lag. From stuffing my face full of amazing food and gelato to walking more than I ever have in my life, my first week in Sydney has been nothing short of astounding. 

We have been anticipating this trip for so long now and I still can’t grasp that we are actually here. Within just six days, I have learned more about Australia than I thought possible and continue to broaden my knowledge of this breathtaking place everyday with each new adventure. I also have gained thirteen new best friends who are growing into family.

One of the main observations I have made so far is how little Americans really know about Australians and vice versa.  Growing up in America, we never really learned much about this massive continent on the other side of the world except that it had millions of dangerous animals and insects crawling everywhere and The Crocodile Hunter. Regardless of how much Australians learn about America and American history in school, there is still SO much that they don't realize as well. Although we are a world away, I feel so connected to this place already and cannot wait for what's to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment