Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Australia: An American Student's Beginnning

As of now, I left from Tennessee, USA on January 16 and flew 22 hours to land me in Sydney, Australia on January 18. The flights were long, the food was not what i expected to say the least, and my sleep was minimal at best. In complete honesty, the time I have spent from the time I landed to now, January 24, every uncomfortable second of  was worth it. I have been inside the Sydney Oprah House, swam in some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, made friends with complete strangers, rock climbed barefoot to find a hidden beach, and taken enough pictures to fill a bedroom wall full of landscapes and laughter between people I believe will have a lasting connection. All of this and more was accomplished in just under a week and I have two more months of exploring this amazing country. My goal is to see everything this town has to offer, because I know a city like Sydney can change over night and I have no clue when I will get another opportunity like the one I was presented with at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. I am currently beginning to take my two college courses and will start my internship at the the Australian Baseball league in early February and I could not be more nervous. I want these next few months to be perfect and provide me a foundation to build off of when i come back home, so i plan to work hard to make sure my studies and work match to incredible experiences i have had already. Currently, I am nervous about my studies, excited to work in my perspective field of study, thrilled to know there is more to see, and thankful to everyone and everything that got me to this point. This is my beginning, and I know my story not going to end poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment