Monday, April 24, 2017

It's Already Over?

I'm sitting on the last train I'll take home from my internship. It really is just about to end.

I'm sitting here in silence just trying to take it all in.

I realize that I will actually never be on another train ride to and from Rooty Hill ever again. Now, I know I made a fuss about how long and dreadful my commute was to the lovely Western Sydney suburb, but it did bring some good.

1. My supervisor Krissie took good care of me while I was working for the Sydney Blue Sox.
NOTE: Because she was our work mom, this automatically meant she'd bake us cookies and take us to lunch to try traditional Aussie-inspired cuisine.

2. I finally was able to decide that I want to pursue a public relations degree for the duration of my college career.

3. I met a lot of cool, fun, hip, etc. co-workers who taught me more Aussie terminology (and really confusing rhyming slang), all while making fun of my southern accent every time I opened my mouth.

4. Rooty Hill actually reminded me of home a little bit, which was refreshing (wait, really??) in comparison to the hustle and bustle in Sydney 24/7.

5. I got to work with a professional sports organization and had hands-on tasks as an intern, which is almost unheard of in the sports industry.

I'm thankful my internship worked out in the end. What started out as an random, unknown placement ended up as a job with co-workers that were my Australian family by the end of it all.

Thank you Sydney for one heck of a trip I know I'll be back soon.

As for now, I'm coming for you Tennessee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment