Sunday, March 12, 2017

Where's the Pause Button?


It’s the beginning of my third week at my internship here in Sydney, Australia. I am interning at the US Consulate General in the US Commercial Service department. The first week was a little overwhelming getting used to waking up at 6:30 to be on time at 8:00, and then staying until 5 and not getting home until 6. To say the least, I was exhausted. My second week was a lot less stressful, because my body had finally adjusted to my schedule and I wasn’t as tired. Although my first week was exhausting, I absolutely love my internship. I have already gained such valuable experience in just the first two weeks. The people have been so amazing and inclusive, inviting me to go to meetings, trade shows, lunch, to get drinks after work, anything that is happening they have included me in. They also care what I have to say and what my opinion is, which I find to be completely different from an internship back home. It’s been really refreshing feeling like you matter at an internship and having your input taken into consideration.

I have six more weeks left at my internship and I am really excited to see what the future holds. There is also a VIP guest coming to the Consulate General the day before I leave Australia. They are coming on the Saturday of April 22nd, and I leave April 23rd. Although it’s going to be an extremely busy weekend I cannot contain my excitement! The time is already flying by, It feels like just yesterday I got off the plane. I wish I were able to press the pause button.

No comments:

Post a Comment