Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Australia: Present and Future


I have been in Sydney, Australia for a little over two weeks. I have learned so much in the little time I have been here. I have been on numerous educational tours and have learned a lot about the history of Australia. I, along with my other classmates are taking a class in Australian History and the history of Australia is shocking similar to American history. We are also taking a class called intercultural communication, which has been very interesting. We have learned in class and throughout the time we have been here that just because Australia is an English speaking country doesn’t mean they communicate like we do. Our class has also been discussing how Sydney is a melting pot of all different kinds of cultures, so not only are we learning about Aussie culture we are also learning about many others.
I am very excited to learn more about Australia in the next 11 weeks. I have learned so much in just two weeks; by the time it is time to go home I think I will actually feel more like a local than a tourist. I have planned trips to New Zealand and Cairns where I will go snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef. I am also really excited to start my internship and learn more about the Australian work environment. My time here has been amazing so far and I just know it is going to get so much better. I already feel like time is flying by. I know that I will have stories to tell for a lifetime. I am excited to see what the future holds for me while I am here in Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment