Thursday, February 9, 2017

New city, new me?

I have a life plan.

Well, maybe not a plan, but certainly an idea of what I want to accomplish in my life. I have had this idea since high school. Among other things, it includes a dog, some travel, some time in a big city, and maybe ending up with my own business. I do not know specifics – I have no preference when it comes to the number or gender of kids I might have or the specific big city I will spend time in, but I think the broad idea I do have is a large part of who I am today.

Then I came to Sydney, Australia. For some reason, being in this city has called into question my plan. I can’t put a finger on it, but something about being away from home in this relaxed country has slowly made me rethink something I have been so sure of for so long.

Several of us went to surf camp this past week, and it was great. I enjoyed myself the whole time. It made me think about how much I love sports, learning new things, and being outside. Parents, if you are reading this, do not fear. I have no plans of abandoning my life idea entirely and becoming a surf coach; however, I am thinking that I might like to go on a few more adventures before I settle down.

Travelling is a life style that few people can afford, whether it be because of money or time, but one that I have become increasingly fond of. Maybe I will work for a company like ISA, maybe I will travel to various companies to work in the advertising field, maybe I will stick to my original plan and be perfectly content. Who knows! Obviously, my thoughts on my life idea right now are a bit scattered, but I think I have made some important realizations about myself and the life I want to live since being here.


I am glad that this experience has allowed me to rethink something I was previously so sure of. I guess it’s part of growing up – exploring, learning, rethinking, re-planning. Wherever the wind blows me, I’ll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment