Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Surf Camp


This past weekend I went to Surf Camp.  I am not usually one for camping, but I decided to give it a chance. We camped in tents, fed stingrays, and kangaroos. We also had three different surf lessons. I had an absolute blast and I am so happy I decided to go. I got to meet so many different people from around the world. I met a girl named Veronica from Czech Republic; she was one of the nicest people I have met so far on the trip. Everyone I met was so nice and accepting of others. Going to surf camp was a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of the city. I felt so relaxed and felt like I was truly experiencing the Aussie lifestyle. Not only did I have a blast, the campsite and the beaches where we camped and surfed were absolutely beautiful.
            The whole experience was amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Australia. I was actually little sad when it was time to leave to go back home. I feel like I have made lifelong friends at surf camp and really want to keep in touch with them. I could not have asked for a better weekend. I learned to surf, swam in a rock pool, got to witness the most beautiful sunset, and met some amazing people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment