Thursday, February 2, 2017

My world as it stands

currently, i have traveled across the world and have survived two weeks in a foreign country with 13 complete strangers. we have eaten food together, shared a kitchen space, gone on many walks/tours, studied with one another, shared stories of our lives back home, and experienced things together that many others can only dream of. since my last posting, i have gone on a 6.2 mile hike along one of Australia's cost lines, experienced one of Australia's national holiday celebrations, and other things that i will always remember. i have started to think about home and find myself missing my life back in the United States. i think that i am missing out on a lot back there and find myself wondering what it would be like if i was back there. then i think, " i know they want me to have a great time while i am here, that's why they are telling me all about their experiences. its not to brag, but to include me in their lives even though i am not." i do miss my friends and family and i am looking forward to seeing them again. i will forever be thankful for the life and opportunity i was given in order to experience all of the feelings i have thus far, and hope that there are more to come. my life now is not full, and by that i mean there is more to experience while i am here. i aim to grow. i desire to grow as a person, as a student, and an adult, and as a member of society. i can feel myself growing with every passing day and hope my goals are achieved while i am here, because i am the only one who can make them real.

No comments:

Post a Comment